- Intervale Road (The “Merit Tool” building)
- Pro-Cut, Inc.
- Alvaro Pabon
- Relief Requested
- Variance to section 5.1 of the Wilton Zoning Ordinance
- To permit the use, in the Residential District for the resale of automobiles and light trucks.
Wednesday, April 8, 1992 — Hearing
Pro-Cut, Inc. (owner) and Alvaro Pabon (applicant) have requested a variance to section 5.1 of the Wilton Zoning Ordinance to permit the use of Lot L-27, Intervale Road (The “Merit Tool” building), in the Residential District for the resale of automobiles and light trucks.
The Town of Wilton Zoning Board of Adjustment will consider this application in a public hearing on Wednesday, April 8, 1992 at 7:30 p.m. in the Wilton Town Hall Courtroom, 42 Main Street.
You are hereby notified that the application of Alvaro Pabon (applicant) and PrcnCut, Inc. (owner) for k variance to the terms of Section 5.1 of the Wilton Zoning Ordinance has been denied.
If granted, the variance would have permitted the use of Lot L-27, Intervale Road (the site of the “Merit Tool” building) in the Residential District for the resale of automobiles and hght trucks.
The application has been denied for the following reasons:
- The proposed use would diminish surrounding property values because it is too close to surrounding residential property, due to the exterior nature of the proposed activity.
- The proposed use would not be in the public interest, due to the traffic and safety effects of a high-volume activity at the intersection of a residential street with NH Route 101.
- The proposed use is inconsistent with the spirit of the ordinance, because the obtrusively commercial activity and high traffic volume would be inconsistent with the residential neighborhood.
The selectmen, any party to the action or proceedings, or any person directly affected thereby may apply for a rehearing of this decision. A request for a rehearing must be filed in writing with the Zoning Board of Adjustment on or before Friday, May 8, 1992, and must fully specify all grounds on which the rehearing is requested. (N.H. RSA 677:2)
Minutes of the hearing.