- Curtis Farm Road
- Robert E. Spear, Jr.
- Relief Requested
- Variance to section 6.2.4 of the Wilton Zoning Ordinance
- To permit construction of a garage less than 35 feet from a lot, in the General Residence and Agricultural District.
Wednesday, October 14, 1992 — Hearing
Robert E. Spear, Jr. has requested a variance to section 6.2.4 of the Wilton Zoning Ordinance to permit construction of a garage less than 35 feet from a lot lin Lot B-47, Curtis Farm Road, in the General Residence and Agricultural District.
The Town of Wilton Zoning Board of Adjustment will consider this application in a public hearing on Wednesday, October 14, 1992 at 7:30 p.m. in the Wilton Town Hall Courtroom, 42 Main Street.
You are hereby notified that the application of Robert E. Spear, Jr. for a variance to the terms of Section 6.2.4 of the Wilton Zoning Ordinance has been denied.
If granted, the variance would have permitted the construction of a garage less than 35 feet from a lot line on Lot B-47, Curtis Farm Road in the General Residence and Agricultural District.
The application has been denied for the following reasons:
- The very tall (20 foot) garage within four feet of the neighboring property could be detrimental to the neighbors’ properly values.
- The proposed garage, within ten feet of a small and rural dirt road, would be visually obtrusive, and not in the public interest.
- The radical diminution of two setbacks is inconsistent with the spirit of the ordinance.
- The Board did not find hardship to be present, since it was not convinced that a garage could not be designed and located so as to be much less offensive to the spirit of the ordinance.
The selectmen, any party to the action or proceedings, or any person directly affected thereby may apply for a rehearing of this decision. A request for a rehearing must be filed in writing with the Zoning Board of Adjustment on or before Friday, November 13, 1992, and must fully specify all grounds on which the rehearing is requested. (N.H. RSA 677:2)
Minutes of the hearing.